Saturday 22 October 2011

Just for You

Another fantastic stamp from SWALK that was crying COLOUR ME!!! This little easel card is an easy make. To make a similar one you will need: a die of some shape dear to you, some backing papers, a nicely stamped and coloured image, some embelishments and glitter spray.
What I used were the following products:
  • SWALK Winter Cheer Collection CD for backing/design papers
  • A SWALK's A PERFECT GIFT stamp
  • Spectrum Noir pens
  • Spray and Sparkle - iredescent from Crafter's Companion
  • Nesting dies - Flower - X-cut from DOcrafts
  • Roses from TheWorks
  • Silver card
  • Tim Hotz's distress ink - Peeled paint
  • Just for You stamp from DOcrafts 
  • Little green ribbon from Papermania Capsule Collection from DOcrafts
I cut out the flower shape as a card base and silver card layers. Then I cut out some smaller pieces from the backing paper, distressed them with some green ink and sprayed with iridescent glitter glue. After forming a little easel, I assembled all the parts of the card. Finally, I attatched the image (previously stamped, coloured  and cut out) and embelished the card with some roses, a ribbon and a little ''Just for You' sentiment.

Oh, there is a little secret. Last night I didn't colour the girl's hair well. Though the card was cute, I WAS NOT HAPPY.  After thinking and thinking what to do, it just clicked in my head. The simplest solution of all. I stamped the girl's head, coloured,cut it out and used it as a decoupage.

No comments:

Post a Comment